Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Welcome Baby

This last cake was made for a Baby Shower to welcome a new baby boy, Paxton. I decided to try using Chocolate fondant, before I knew that it would be reaching over 100 degress outside, but even with a few shakey moments, I love the way the cake turned out! Fortunately the shower was indoors and the cake was right in front of the a/c. This was my first time decorating/delivering a cake in such hot weather and there are some things I would do differently, but overall the cake turned out adorable and I hope the mom-to-be was happy!

The cake was all Chocolate cake. The bottom tier was filled with White Chocolate Mousse and fresh strawberries and the top tier was filled with a bittersweet Chocolate Ganche and Kahlua Cream Cheese frosting. Everything was covered with a thin layer of buttercream and covered in Chocolate Fondant....needless to say the kitchen smelled delicious!

The little Converse and bow were made from gumpaste. The shoes turned out perfect, my new favorite decorations for baby shower cakes!







2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the blog love! I have to say that your converse shops are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete