Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cakes, Cupcakes, Mardi Gras

My son had his final T-Ball game this past Saturday, so after the game we headed out for a pizza celebration with his team. I brought along some Buttermilk Chocolate Chip cupcakes with chocolate ganache filling and fondant baseballs.

Please excuse the picutres are kind of out of focus, our camera was running out of batteries!




I also did an order for some Carrot Cake cupcakes for a clients mother-in-law's birthday.

Carrot Cake with raisins and toasted chopped pecans and topped with White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting and fondant flower cut-out.





This final order was for a Mardi Gras theme birthday cake. I had never done a Mardi Gras cake so I was pretty excited to do one. Of course, there are some things I would do differently and I had a really hard time getting the mask we made to stand up on the cake, so structure wise I need to rethink some things, but overall I think it turned out pretty neat.

The bottom tier was a Buttermilk Cake with a lemon curd filling and fresh raspberries and the top tier was Chocolate Cake with chocolate ganache, crushed oreos, and then topped with a white chocolate mousse filling. Each tier got a thin layer of buttercream and covered in fondant. The mask was made from gumpaste and painted with silver luster dust.

I could have spent another several hours on this cake, but then they never would have gotten it in time for the party!



1 comment:

  1. Rachael, the cake looked great and tasted even better! It sure was a hit! Thank you... Rima

    ReplyDelete