Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Birthday Cakes

Here are several cakes that I made for 4 different birthday parties this past weekend. It was a crazy, very busy time, but each cake came out great and I was so happy with each one. They were all different and I had so much fun designing and creating them!

I have to first mention and thank my friend and talented photographer Lindsey from BellaLu Photography who was so sweet to come over and take a ton of pictures for me! Please check out her site....amazing!

This first cake was for a client's son who is really into Bakugan, a Japanese cartoon/game. I'm still not sure exactly what Bakugan is, but looked at the website and this is the design I came up with. I love it, clean, and the letters were fun!


The flavors were chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling, covered in a dark fudge buttercream (dyed black) and decorated with fondant letters, flames, and stripes. From what I have been told, he loved the cake!






This was for a little girl who was turning 6 and she wanted a pool cake.
Once again, a chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling. The cake was iced in a vanilla buttercream and the pool and all the accessories were made with fondant. I ended up painting the diving board and slide orange, which made them stand out a little more.

I saw her a couple of days after her party and she runs to me and
says, " I Looooovvveeeddd my pool cake!" There is something very special about creating kids birthday cakes...the appreciation they show is unlike any other!






This next cake was so much fun to make and I love the way it came out...in fact I will be doing this same cake (different colors) for my daughters dance team beach party next weekend....so stay posted!

This was for a 1st birthday party, the family is Hawaiian and wanted a summer/beach cake.

This was a chocolate cake and a chocolate/vanilla marble cake with chocolate mousse filling. It was frosted in a bright pink buttercream and accented with fondant flowers and royal icing.


Sorry for the messy looking cake board....I had to add that at the last minute, the cake turned out heavier then we thought and I couldn't cover the cardboard.

This last cake was made for a very special man in my life...my son who turned 5 this past week! Yes, I thought it would be a great idea to not only do 4 cakes in one weekend, but also host a birthday party!

He loves Star Wars and requested a R2D2 cake. We did a lot of research online and decided to do a standing R2D2 cake, but just the top half of him. The amount of cake needed was way to much to do the full body. Kyle did the majority of the carving, drawing, and cutting out the fondant details. When Landon woke up the morning of his party, the first thing he asked was, "Where's my cake?" He loved it!

The head was made of styrofoam and covered in fondant, the top half of his body is vanilla cake with lemon curd filling and the bottom half is chocolate cake with oreo cookie filling. We covered it in fondant and all the decorations are fondant. Delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment