Monday, September 28, 2009

Wizard of Oz cake

It was a very crazy and busy week...but I feel incredibly blessed and excited to see our business and hard work paying off.

There are going to be a ton of pictures....but so worth looking at!

The first cake from this weekend was a Wizard of Oz cake, created for a birthday girl who loves the movie.

This cake has to be the most time consuming and hardest cake we have made! I absolutely love it and am so happy with the way it turned out.

All the characters are hand-made by my partner, my incredibly talented husband. We wanted to keep it as authentic as we could and really bring the essence of the movie into the cake.

The shoes were made with gumpaste and each sequin was cut out and glued on. Tedious work, but in the end it totally payed off!

I hope you enjoy looking at this cake as we had creating it. Sorry for some poor shots....I think our camera is nearing its end.























No comments:

Post a Comment