Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Butterflies, Flowers, Mini Desserts

This past weekend we celebrated a very special little girl's 3rd birthday and I was so excited to do the desserts. Her mom, my good friend Lindsey from BellaLu Photography gave me full reign.

We wanted to do a small cake for the birthday girl, so we went with Chocolate cake with the ever so popular Chocolate Ganache and Oreo filling.
We decorated with beautiful bright green fondant and added gumpaste butterflies and flowers. I loved the way the cake looked and she adored it!

For the mini desserts I wanted a nice array of flavors, textures, and colors. The menu included:

Mini Chocolate cupcakes with a Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache and Kahlua frosting
Mini Cheesecakes with Toasted Hazelnut Crust and topped with fresh fruit
Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Cups with Peanut Butter Mousse (the crowd favorite!)

Enjoy.....

Thank you BellaLu Photography for the awesome pictures!












No comments:

Post a Comment